Welcome to Smarter Sorting!
Our thrill meter is off the charts now that you’re on board!
You may be wondering what all the fuss is about - what is Smarter Sorting? What do we do? Why have our paths suddenly crossed?
Fear not! We will answer all of these questions and more. Let’s start with some of the basics...
We are a technology company that uses math, chemistry, and machine learning to understand consumer products down to their core attributes. Our data powers insights and decision making for your products throughout the supply chain, including:
- Manufacturing for safety and sustainability
- Cost effective packaging
- Safer storing and shipping
- Transparent marketing claims
- Compliant and sustainable disposal
- The best options for reuse, recycling and donations
- Wegmans is making an investment in product data to drive the Circular Economy
- You sell regulated and/or environmentally sensitive products, and more data is needed to handle them safely
- You want to sell your products in stores/online, and we need more information from you to make that possible
- Your unsold products need be handled in the most responsible way, which is better for the community and the environment opp for more better
- We prefer to gather this important information directly from the source… so we’re coming to you rather than guessing
- We want to spare you from the pain of an expensive and tedious registration process that you practically need a PhD to understand
- Check out this article to help determine which products need to register in the Classification Portal: Does My Product Need to be Classified
- Product Name
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- UN 38.3 (if you have a li-on battery)
- Ingredient List
- Packaging Information
- Plan on taking about 10 minutes to register a product - but most folks can get through in under 4 minutes
- 75% of classifications will be returned instantly
- 100% will have classifications in 3 business days or less
- We have a customer success site filled with onboarding and knowledge base articles to help you get started
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Customer Support at email@example.com or +1 512-593-2594
- Still stuck? Schedule a meeting with one of our support reps to get your technical questions answered
- If our tech or our humans spot a problem, we’ll reach out to you right away
- Best part of all...you have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will touch base with you. Her name is Victoria, and she’s obsessed with making sure you have an outstanding experience with us. Score!
- Of course! Your products can be sold in stores, and will be eligible for E-commerce and drop shipping, if applicable
- You’ll get full visibility into the same codes, classifications, and insights that Wegmans sees. Hey, you need to move and sell stuff too, right? This is information you can use to sell your products anywhere
- You can also elect to receive a free, personalized report for each of your products that will:
- Help you understand how to move your products around more safely and compliantly
- Eliminate risk of regulatory fines, or worse - missing your set date
- Identify ingredients on retailer banned chemical and the Prop 65 list
- Verify product claims, and expedite the certification process
- Show you how to save some serious cash on packaging, shipping, and disposal costs
- Unveil the environmental and societal impact of your inventory, so you can continue to improve your products and delight your customers
In case you forgot (after all of that reading), we are seriously psyched to be working with you! We’re 1000% committed to fully understanding your business and helping you meet your specific needs.
Looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship for many years to come.
The Smarter Sorting Team